Though the release of the NP241OR "RockTrac" was a boon for the deep-geared crowd, it was still attached the same problematic factory shift linkage system as found in the TJ / LJ Jeeps.
We'd prototyped a variety of shifter designs for the 241OR and have enthusiastically settled on this super-smooth cable design. This design installs rapidly, easily adjusts to body height, skid pan and conversion powertrain variations.
he Novak Shift Kit
This shifter assembly replaces everything below the factory shift handle, including the z-bar linkage, tunnel mount bracket and transfer case mount bracket. All necessary hardware is included and installation can be done in under two hours.
Adjusting the shifter for optimum use is straightforward and this is detailed in our instruction package.
Benefits at a Glance:
- Restore and improve shifting action in Jeeps with suspension and especially body lifts and tummy tucks
- Provide a clean shifting mechanism for conversion transmissions (manual or automatic) being adapted to the Jeep transfer cases
- Provide a crisp shifting feel and greater sense of control to the driver of the Jeep
- Eliminate shifter kick-outs and resulting transfer case damage by replacing problematic factory linkages
- The shift pattern is maintained from factory when installed, i.e. 2 High, frontmost and 4 Low, rearmost
- The factory shift handle is retained
- Console removal is not required
- Front yoke and front driveshaft removal is unnecessary
- Factory transfer case actuator / rotator plate (very difficult to remove or replace) is retained
Our Control Cable
We've researched many types and brands of control cable, and we enthusiastically specify and provide our customers with the best we've ever seen. It features:
- Heavy-duty crimped ends
- Stainless steel cable
- Industrial grade, high-temp outer sheath
- Super-low friction, teflon liner
- Tight bend radius featuring no-bind resistance clear down to 5"
- All US made
By using an extremely low friction cable, installation and use is a snap. There is no need to remove the transfer case rotator plate or the factory shift handle assembly in the floor and console.
Keep your factory shift handle for an OEM look and ease of installation.